Celebrate your wedding in style with the magical romantic backdrop of Kantiang Bay. Let Baan Laanta arrange all the details to make your day perfect. A beach wedding is among the most romantic weddings you can imagine – let Baan Laanta help to create a special, magical day complete with the perfect backdrop of Kantiang Bay.
Celebrate your marriage in Thailand at Baan Laanta Resort & Spa. We will make your special day unforgettable celebration of your love for each other.
If you are planning to get married or renew your vows, we can help you arrange a beautiful ceremony and blessing at Baan Laanta Resort & Spa. Please note that a ceremony in Thailand (even a traditional Thai Buddhist wedding ceremony) is not sufficient to qualify as an internationally recognised marriage. You must apply for legal registration in order for you marriage to be internationally accepted. Please see below for information about arranging a legal marriage in Thailand.
Please contact us if you would like further information about planning your wedding with Baan Laanta.
Wedding Formalities in Thailand
While it is relatively easy for foreigners to get married in Thailand, there are nonetheless some legal formalities you should be prepared for if you want your marriage in Thailand recognized by your home country.
When coming to Thailand for your wedding, you should both bring:
• Original Birth Certificates
• Letter of Affirmation -this is simply a declaration that you are free to marry – never been married, divorced, widowed, etc. (see sample Letter of Affirmation). This letter is written in your native language. The letter needs to be taken your home country’s embassy in Bangkok to be certified. As an example, the British Embassy currently charges 2,915 THB for this service (June 09). If you have previously been married, which ended by divorce or death, you will also need the original certificates for these.
All documents should then be officially translated into Thai and attested by the Thailand Ministry of Foreign Affairs, 123 Chaeng Wattana Road, Laksi District, Bangkok 11120, Thailand. Tel. +66 2 575 1056 – 59, +66 2 981 7171, Fax : +66 2 575 1054. (08:30 – 15:30 hrs)
You should allow four working days in Bangkok prior to registering your marriage as you are required to have been resident in Thailand for at least three days before you marry and you must allow time for the paperwork to be processed in Bangkok. This will give you some time to visit some of the city’s beautiful attractions.
• List of Thai Embassies and Consulates in Foreign countries
• List of Foreign Embassies in Bangkok
• Siam Legal’s Advise for Getting Married in Thailand
• UK in Thailand Foreign & Commonwealth Office – How to Register a Marriage in Thailand
• Royal Thai Embassy in London – General Guidance for British Nationals wishing to marry in Thailand
View the Wedding Photo Gallery.